Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Stage 1

Got the bikes in at midnight last night and not my luggage, They are not sure where it's at. Got up at 6 am and got everything loaded in the car and went to breakfast. On our way to the race start my bike got loose and the rear wheel went over and smacked the back of the car. Good thing my fork was tight and it didn't go flying of the back. The bike is fine, a little scratched up but no broken parts. Got to the race and all the kids wanted autograph it was awesome. The race rolled out easy then It wasn't easy anymore. 40 miles in I need a couple of bottles, so I went back to the car and got bottles. As I was back at the car the peloton decided to go hard and I couldn't catch up. So I found couple of guys to ride the rest of the race with. I ran out of water with 40 miles to go and I got very dehydrated. It was very hot and humid. I would unzip my jersey to try to cool my body but it just got hotter. The wind was hot too. I haven't checked the results yet to see if I made the time cut. 20 miles in Brad had a heart rhythm problem and ended up not finishing.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger