Monday, June 09, 2008

Airports

My flight went off at 12:10 pm, so I got there at 9:30 am to give myself plenty of time just in case something went wrong. My flight went off as scheduled and so far so good. There was a storm in the area we were flying so the captain went around it adding another hour to our flight. So when Brad and I arrived to the Detroit airport we had 30 minutes to get to our next flight. So we ran way to the other side of the airport and made it with 5 minutes tell we board to find out our flight is delayed 1 hour. So we were trying to find the phone number to the guys that were picking us up to tell them we were running late. After about 30 minutes we finally find it. So 8:00 roles around and they say the flight is delayed tell 9:44. Now me and brad are getting frustrated and mad. So we go get food and come back to find out the flight is cancelled. There was nasty weather that kept the flight from going. So we slept at the airport and I think I got 3 hours of sleep that night. The flight the next morning went off at 8:50 am and that went smooth and we arrived in Quebec just fine. Got through security and we went to get our luggage (this is where is gets very bad) to find out our luggage wasn't there. The bags weren't on the flight, no ones bags were. So we had to fill out some paper that had the address we were staying at so they could deliver it when it got there. We'll as I am typing the team manager is on the way to pick our luggage up. So I have gotten 4 hours of sleep in 36 hours and the race starts in 12 hours and I still have to put my bike together.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger