Monday, February 19, 2007

VOS race

What a race, hard, hot and FAST. The first day went pretty good, I ended up getting 3rd place, 24 seconds off of 1st. The TT course was pretty windy and hard. During the TT my heart rate averaged was 193 and my max was 198. The 2nd day I DNF. This road race was the hardest one I have done, it was sooo windy and fast. Guys were shooting off the back the first half lap. I got a cold a week before VOS and started taking some medicine and it helped I started to feel better before the race. I was still a little sick for the TT and the really hard effort I did made my cold worse over night and so I wasn't feeling good for the road race. Some how I always get sick before this race.
Congrats to Nate Page for his 3rd overall.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Stormin you were really sick chest and head, coughing up chunks and sounding pretty sick, I tried to be positive with you before the TT but inside I was really concerned. I was so happy when your time looked good that I BROKE MY OWN RULE OF YELLING WHILE I VIDEO TAPED YOUR FINISH. I think if you were well you might have broken into the 29's.

Mr. Clean

Powered By Blogger