Saturday, July 07, 2007

BIG Cottonwood.

I really like this race. It is long, hard and windy. The race started out good. It was fast from the start and everyone was fighting for the front. There was a few wheel rubs and touching elbows. Once storm mountain rolled around I did the same thing I did the last 4 yrs, set a hard pace. It is only natural to light up the storm on storm mountain, right? I was feeling good. Once up and over the top there Jeff, Nate Page and I worked together and we were going good. But once we hit the S-curve I started to hurt and I tried my best to stay with them but couldn't. They were just flying. Then something really went weird with my body, when I got to the flat section I got super dizzy and was about to fall over. I don't know what happened but it was weird. The group behind caught me and just flew pass me like I was a snell. I was just to dizzy to try to get on. So the group behind them caught me soon and I was able to stay with them and recover and rest. Where it starts to go up again at the restaurant lodge I started to feel good again and went to the front and set a hard pace and ended up getting away. I caught one or two guys from the group in front of us and ended up finishing 9Th or 10Th. Congrats to Jeff.

I am off to Nationals in 4 days, Yeah!

3 comments:

Piotrek said...

Yeah, that's a cool race. Glad you're OK with the result. Mine was a bit sub-par.

primetime formerly known as slyfox said...

whats a snell

B-Horn said...

It's a snail that smells.

Powered By Blogger