Saturday, May 12, 2007

Part 2.

Today's ride went really good. I met up with Nate Page at 7:00am at 9th and 9th. We rolled out along 9th east all the way to 9400 south, then headed up to Little Cottonwood. We didn't push it too hard, knowing that it was going to be a long day. On the descent we saw Saul Raisin, that was cool. I guess he is living here for the summer and is dating Dave Zabriskies sister. Then we headed over to Big Cottonwood and that went smooth. Good pace and it went by fast. I was hoping that the store was open up there cause I needed a drink, it wasn't open. So I went to the seven eleven. Nate took off after Big Cottonwood. He was putting the hurt on me. He is going to rock the climbs this year. Then I headed over to Millcreek Canyon and I was starting to definitely feel the legs hurting now so I just climbed slow and it was still painful. So I kept telling myself after this canyon I will get a huge coke and a bagel at Einsteins and that seemed to help. The upper part of Millcreek is good, except for a little bit of stuff on the road and water from snow. So then after the climb I got some food and a drink and just sat there for a while. That really helped me to get some energy for Emigration. I got to Emigration and the wind picked up which was nice cause it was a tail wind up the canyon and I really needed that. I didn't push it to hard climbing cause the legs were fried and it was really hot. I got to the top and saw Bart on the mountain bike, I guess he did some good trails up there. So I cruised down with him until his turn to his house. After he left I was battling a headwind that was strong but I didn't care cause it was going downhill and I was dazed out. So I made it home safe and sound and tired. It took me 7hrs 10 minutes, 123.5 miles.

7 comments:

UtRider said...

Wow. That is an impressive ride. You didn't look to be hurting when I saw you up Millcreek at the Elbow.

Stormin' said...

I was in alot of pain right there, it is so steep there. Were you wearing the Contender jersey waiting for someone?

Piotrek said...

Epic! Thanks for the link Storm.

UtRider said...

Yep, that was me. My wife is a very cautious descender, especially on the upper section where the road is narrow.

Clintster said...

How many feet of climbing is that?

Stormin' said...

It is 12,400' of climbing.

Anonymous said...

Way to go Stormin'...in some of the longer races coming up you will have confidence from doing that ride.

Oh I got two more flats Saturday morning after I switched back to my another tire,I guess I should have stayed with the tire you took the glass out of!. I then immediately went through some fresh glass I guess to be consistent, and then the valve went. Nice! 6 flats in two weeks. I think I will start riding 405 gram 27's. Bruce.

Powered By Blogger