Monday, April 16, 2007

Weekend of Riding.

Crazy and hard is what I would call the riding I did on the weekend. Saturday I met up with the Porcupine/Specialized guys. We rolled over to Emigration and pegged it like a freaking race. The pace was really fast and hard, I was thinking wow this is going to be a fast time up. we got to the top and it was 23 minutes. that's the fastest I have done it. Then we did Big Mountain. D.H. pegged it like a climbing fool. After Big M. we went and did Big Cottonwood. Again D.H. climbed it like a monkey. I didn't see him or sleevie for the rest of the climb. I got to the flat section about halfway through and I bonked hard, I had to stop at donut falls area and get off and lay there and eat food and Wait for the guys to come down. Sundays ride was alright. I went and did Butterfield Canyon. That climb hurts really bad, it was super rocky to towards the top. After we got to the top we were coming coming down and my friend hits a rock and pinch flats, so he puts a tube in and the valve is to short, so we sit there for a while and I ended up taking a tube out of my wheel because it is a long valve and give to him. so we both have flats and one co2 cartridge, so we are both descending down the canyon with 40 lbs of pressure in our tires, it was sketchy. Then we get to the bottom and his tire blows up cause he tore the sidewall from the rock and the tube was sticking out. So we had to get picked up.

3 comments:

primetime formerly known as slyfox said...

i like how you end your stories. its like???? then what. dont leave us hangin stormin.

Anonymous said...

Dang! I guess we just missed you on Sunday. Canyon guys and I went that way, but skipped Butterfield.

P.

Anonymous said...

DH the Climbing monkey, classic. That was hard esp. trying to do Big Cottonwood, you went further than me. Way to go with the PR up Emi Canyon, made me feel a bit better about the effort.

Bruce.

Powered By Blogger